Fall is a great time to escape to Virginia’s shores. The crowds are gone, the air is crisp and the coast is as beautiful as summer.
Atlantic Breeze is a luxurious four-story town home just a quick 3 1/2 block walk to the oceanfront, Boardwalk, dining, shops, live entertainment, and more. Sleeps up to 12.
The Dunes is a sweet cottage just two blocks from the center of the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. A comfortable four-bedroom, fully equipped home with all the amenities for a relaxing beach vacation, The Dunes sleeps up to 10 people.
Matchotank Country Home
Matchotank Country Home is an expansive place on 50 acres in Onancock. The home sits waterfront with a dock, boat ramp, stocked freshwater pond, and all of the equipment you need to have a great time outdoors. Sleeps 10.
Eagle’s View is a four-bedroom waterfront home near Assateague Lighthouse on Chincoteague Island. It’s a dream destination for outdoor enthusiasts! Soak in the midst of the Wildlife Refuge with over 300 species of birds and wild ponies. The property has a private dock for your use, as well as two master suites – great for multi-generation vacationing. Sleeps 11.
Nestled along the shores of the Chesapeake Bay is Big Bay in White Stone, a comfortable four-bedroom, two bath home with private beach and plenty of recreational opportunities to entertain you in any season. Pull out a kayak and paddle at sunrise with the dolphins or set a few crab pots and pull in a couple of blues for dinner. Sleeps 8-10.
In Grimstead, Gwynn’s Island Cottage overlooks several bodies of water with easy access to the Chesapeake Bay and a private beach. Sleeps 3.
The view from Grandview on the Bay
The Crab Shack at Grandview in Mathews overlooks the East River. It’s a brand new accommodation with a rooftop deck and gourmet kitchen. You just might want to stay a while longer. Sleeps two comfortably, but air mattresses are available for additional guests. Dog-friendly.
More great coastal cottages, cabins, and vacation rentals:
- Spinnaker Waterfront – Chincoteague Island: Four-level design with 4 Bedrooms – 4 Baths on three different levels for privacy. Relax and enjoy Four Sun Decks; screened in porch. Waterfront Outdoor Living Area with seating and grill and private boat dock.\
- Lillenhamn – Mathews: Gorgeous, serene water view from private deck overlooking Woodas Creek. Accommodations for four. Use of kayak and canoe at waters edge.
- Gibson Cottage – Horn Harbor: Come and relax at this newly renovated 2 bedroom, 2 bath Cottage over looking the Chesapeake Bay. Located at the end of of a public road, quiet neighborhood with lots of room for the kids. Private pier & boat slip for sun bathing or boating
- The Oyster Farm – Cape Charles: Kings Creek Vacation Rentals
- Yorktown’s Charming Battlefield Cottage – Yorktown: Formerly the studio of renowned folk artist Nancy Thomas this recently renovated cottage is located in a quiet and scenic neighborhood on the Yorktown Battlefield on a bluff just above the York River.
Discover more coastal cottages at www.virginia.org/BeachVacationRentals/.