Have you ever wound your way through a labyrinth of corn? It’s challenging. It’s also really cool for families looking for a cheap thrill. Hide and seek, anyone?
It’s officially corn maze season in Virginia and there are plenty waiting to be explored.
- Patriotic folk will love the 20-acre Liberty Mills Farm maze in Somerset. Pick your own pumpkins while you’re there, and then stop by to see James Madison’s Montpelier just three miles away.
- Washington Post calls Cox Farms in Centreville “the Big Kahuna of farms with fall festivities in northern Virginia.” See for yourself why their CORNundrum© cornfield adventure, giant slides, and other exciting activities won them the 2009 Best of Nova ‘Family Friendly Event’ Award by Northern Virginia Magazine.
- Since it is the month of Halloween, perhaps a Haunted Maze is in order. If you’re up for a spook or two, try Pumpkinville in Leesburg. They have 21-acres of family fun that includes pick-your-own pumpkins, hayrides, animals, a 200′ zip line, magicians, and so much more.
- Try your hand at trivia as you pick your way through the maze at Doe Run Farm in Ararat. Apple launching is a hit with the teens!
- Get lost in your own world when you meander through the “Alice in Wonderland” maze at The Farmer’s Daughter in Cedar Bluff.
Visit our Corn Maze Craze and Pumpkin Patches page for more fall family fun!