You might be surprised to know that Virginia State Welcome Centers are more than a place to, ahem, use the facilities. Visit one of the twelve (yes, twelve) Welcome Centers to pick up a coveted Virginia is for Lovers® bumper sticker (for free!), as well as see demonstrations from area partners.
Interstate 66 West in Northern Virginia: Manassas Welcome Center is hosting the following:
- Thursday, July 1st for a free baseball and donut courtesy of the folks in the Town of Front Royal!
- During the Independence Day weekend (July 1-4th, while supplies last) when each family will receive a free CD of computer games for kids!
- July 16th for a free bag of popcorn thanks to the Lynchburg Convention and Visitors Bureau.
US 13 South into Virginia at the Maryland border: New Church Welcome Center invites you to stop by in July to …
- Pick up free blueberry samples to whet your appetite for the Chincoteague Island Blueberry Festival! On hand July 22-25th.
- Speak with representatives from NASA about the upcoming Spaceport and space tourism. They’ll be there July 2nd, August 6th and September 3rd.
- Get free bottles of water and other goodies from Camp Silver Beach when they’re present July 2nd and July 23rd!
Interstate 81 South into Virginia at the West Virginia border: the Clear Brook Welcome Center is offering refreshments courtesy of the Town of New Market on July 22nd.
Interstate 64 East toward Williamsburg/Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach: East Coast Gateway Welcome Center is hosting …
- Haven’t secured a room yet? Patrick Henry Inn in Williamsburg will offer discounted room rates when you stop by July 1st, 8th, 17th, 22nd, 29th, August 6, 14th, 19th, and 27th between 1 and 4 p.m.
- July 30th, August 20th, and September 17th and 24th the folks of Williamsburg Prime Outlets, Yankee Candle, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, and Nautical Dog will be on hand with coupons and discount booklets.
- Interested in artisans and musicians? Enjoy those creative types from Mathews County on August 21st, 28th, and September 4th.
Interstate 95 North into Virginia at the North Carolina border: Skippers Welcome Center is pleased to host The Good Earth Peanut Company and their free samples July 1st and 2nd, as well as every Tuesday through Thursday through the end of July!
Pick up a Virginia is for Lovers® Travel Guide or state map to have handy as you explore the beauty of the Commonwealth. In no other state will you receive the hospitality and assistance you need like you will in Virginia. We can’t wait to see you!