“Someday, you’ll thank me.” Ever heard those words? Make “someday” this Sunday and give your mom the thanks and love she deserves for Mother’s Day. How? I was so hoping you’d ask …
For the mom who loves history, nowhere beats Virginia.
- See the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library in Staunton for free.
- Walk the halls of Gadsby’s Tavern in Alexandria for free.
For the mom who enjoys a nice vintage wine, Virginia is one of the “5 regions to visit,” according to Travel + Leisure.
- Free wine tasting and fresh flowers at Wintergreen Winery in Nellysford.
- Free hors d’oeuvres and wine glass at Cardinal Point Winery in Afton.
- Free strawberry shortcake and wine tasting at James River Cellars in Glen Allen.
For the mom who wants to be waited on for a change …
- Brunch or dinner with live music at Cooper’s Landing Inn in Clarksville.
- Luncheon at Chateau Morrisette in Floyd. Winery tours and tastings at 12, 2 and 4 p.m.
- Champagne brunch with free wine tastings and tours at Prince Michel Vineyard and Winery in Leon.
- Buffet and Jazz orchestra at Lake Anna Winery in Spotsylvania.
For the mom who enjoys the outdoors …
- Carriage rides at the Edith J. Carrier Arboretum and Botanical Gardens in Harrisonburg.
- Garden concert and free family photo (quantities limited) at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond.
- Free refreshments, tour and Bellisima! concert at the Chrysler Museum of Art in Norfolk.
- Free admission, cookie and wildflower plant at the Virginia Living Museum in Newport News.
- Spirit of Norfolk lunch and dinner cruises from Norfolk.