So many families enjoyed the free National Park days last year. Make plans to enjoy them again in 2010!
The first series of free National Park days is this month – April 17-25. In honor of National Park Week, you can enter any National Park for free! In Virginia, see the following parks fee-free during this time period:
- Appomattox Court House National Historical Park
- National Memorial
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Colonial National Historical Park
- George Washington Birthplace National Monument
- George Washington Memorial Parkway’s Great Falls Park
- Manassas National Battlefield Park
- Petersburg National Battlefield
- Prince William Forest Park
- Shenandoah National Park
Bypass the fee and enjoy the scenery, wildlife, and historic sites. Remember that not all National Parks are fee-based, so enjoy MORE of them for affordable fun!
FEE WAIVER INCLUDES: entrance, commercial tour, and transportation entrance fees. Fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and those collected by third parties are not included.
Other free National Park days to calendar are September 25, 2010 (Public Lands Day) and November 11, 2010 (Veterans Day).