Summer has flown by and if you’ve just realized that you have yet to take a vacation, fear not. Sometimes it pays to wait.
Check out our deals to see what suits your fancy. From beach elopements to mountain escapes complete with water adventures, we’ve got quite a selection. Don’t overlook the Blue Star Museum programs (can you say “free admission”?), and the excellent military discounts just waiting to be utilized.
There are just a few days left to take advantage of amazing savings from Virginia’s new Like! to LOVE Virginia campaign which has offered daily travel deals via the Virginia is for Lovers facebook page throughout April.
Here’s a sneak peek of the upcoming deals for this final week! They will be posted around 9 a.m. on their scheduled date and open on a first come, first serve basis. To book the daily travel deals go to www.facebook.com/VirginiaisforLovers and choose “like” now through April 30.
Tuesday April 26:
Experience the finest in luxury at one of the premier Virginia Beach hotels with this stay 2 nights, get the third FREE deal from The Founders Inn and Spa. Centrally located to all the attractions of Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Williamsburg, it is the perfect location for vacation getaways or a luxurious escape. This Hampton Roads retreat features elegant restaurants, guest rooms, a resort spa, nearby golf and a variety of leisure activities set on 26 beautifully landscaped acres.
Enjoy private boardwalk dining with this buy one Sunday brunch and get the second for 50% off deal from Rockfish Boardwalk Bar & Sea Grill.
Wednesday April 27:
Enjoy a romantic 4-course gourmet meal and wine pairing for two for just $40 with this exclusive offer from the Southern Inn Restaurant in Lexington.
Buffalo Creek in Lexington is offering a stay 2 nights, get the 3rd night free deal, including $20 certificate for breakfast or $40 for dinner at House Mountain Inn. This classic Shenandoah Valley farmhouse was built in the late 1900’s and is surrounded by almost 4 acres of woods. Relax while you can sit on the front porch and listen to the sounds of North Buffalo Creek.
Thursday April 28:
Receive 25% off Segway of Richmond’s Micro Church Hill Tour or Micro Landmark Tour and learn about the history of Richmond on two wheels. The Micro Tour is a one-hour guided segway tour that’s low on time, but big on fun.
Friday April 29:
Experience charm, grace, and hospitality at half the price with this buy one night and get the second night FREE special offer from the Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast. Guests enjoy rooms furnished with antiques and/or reproduction period furniture from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, delicious 3-course breakfasts and an on-site spa, all within walking distance of historic downtown Lynchburg.
Here are a few tips to help you stretch those coveted bucks a little farther as you plan your 2011 Virginia vacation.
By the Side of the Road B&B, Harrisonburg
1. Shop smart. Check out the latest discounts and promotions offered by Virginia is for Lovers partners through Virginia.org. Oftentimes the deals found on Virginia.org are only found on Virginia.org.
2. Plan ahead. Advance bookings (and I do mean “paid in advance” bookings) yield huge savings. One example you’ll find through Virginia.org is the Stonewall Jackson Hotel in Staunton.
3. Stay longer. Yep, that’s right. When you extend your stay many accommodations will offer you a cheaper nightly rate. If you’re looking for something soon, this one’s about to end (1/10/11): By the Side of the Road B&B in Harrisonburg is offering 33% off a second night when you book online. Stay two nights at the regular rate and save 66% on your third night! Find more options here.
4. Think outside your accommodation. Seek out ticket and dining savings in addition to your room night(s). A visit to the Historic Triangle is incomplete without visiting Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center. When you buy three Annual Passes you can get the fourth free – a good savings for a family of four or more (plus kids under six are free!). Find more ticket savings here and dining savings here.
Shadow Mountain Escape, Luray
5. Consider your fuel costs. Believe it or not, many accommodations are still using gas cards to attract visitors (it’s not as 2009 as you think it is). This deal from Shadow Mountain Escape in Luray includes a $25 gas card.
6. Leverage your status. Are you a senior citizen? Did you serve or are you actively serving in the military? What memberships do you hold? All of these should be considered when making travel arrangements. While you typically can’t combine all of those, each one should get you at least a 10% savings.
7. Travel mid-week. If you’re looking for a good deal at a B&B or cabin, try booking your visit in the middle of the week. Not only do your odds of availability skyrocket, but the rates plummet. One example is the fine Mark Addy Inn , a quick drive to/from Charlottesville, where you’ll realize up to a 40% savings! No need to pay extra for your breakfast, in-room flowers or chocolates – those are automatic amenities you can expect from this fine property. Browse for more deals like this here.