The 2016 Virginia is for Food Lovers Culinary Challenge will begin soon and we need your help.
In the past decade, the culinary bar in Virginia has been drastically raised. Consumers want to know their food is locally grown, ecologically conscious, and most importantly, absolutely delicious! We know you expect great things from your dining experiences. So tell us who has the best!
This year’s challenge we will segment the nominations into FIVE areas of interest and have a single vote-off to name the champion in each category.
- Small Bites – Serving Mini Versions of Favorite Dishes – Voting: Mar 21- Mar 24
- Burgers and BBQ – Serving great sandwiches – Mar 28-Mar 31
- Oysters, Seafood, Fish – Serving Virginia Fresh Catch – Apr 4- Apr 7
- Bakeries & Deserts – Serving amazing sweets – Apr 11- Apr 14
- Eat Like a Local – Local hot spots and best kept secrets – Apr 18 – Apr 21
What Virginia restaurants have the best culinary offerings?
Leave a comment below with your favorite restaurant ** that has a strong Virginia influence, utilizes local ingredients, or is a favorite of locals. Be sure to include the location of the restaurant and what category you would like to nominate them for.
* Dates are subject to change
** Not all nominations will be in the final vote-off. A panel of judges will narrow the nominations to the top 15-20 for each category dependent upon the total number of nominations.