by Casey | Posted on December 13th, 2013
What was everyone looking at in 2013? Here’s the run-down, and we believe you’ll find these “top 10′s” just as valuable for 2014 travel planning.
Top Blog Posts
1. 17 Virginia BBQ Joints You’re Going to Love (now 19!) – The locals responded and shared many great places to enjoy barbecue throughout Virginia. Did any of your favorites make the list?
2. Five Virginia Glamping Destinations - What is glamping? This article answers that question and just might inspire you to try it.
3. 10 Free Things to Do This Fall in Virginia – Fall is a great time to visit Virginia and this article was extremely popular for its “free” theme. Many of the ideas offered here are available year ’round, so check it out.
4. Eight Incredible Virginia Summer Music Festivals
5. 22 Great Breakfast Spots in Virginia
6. 14 Places to Enjoy Fall Foliage in Virginia
7. Five Hidden Outdoor Gems of Virginia
8. Five Heartwarming Destinations for the Holidays
9. Nine Must-See Virginia Landmarks
10. Rain Equals Fantastic Virginia Waterfalls
Most Visited Destinations on Virginia.org
1. Virginia Beach - With the Atlantic Ocean and 38 miles of shoreline, Virginia Beach is always a favorite of visitors to Virginia. Don’t miss the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center, First Landing State Park, and the three-mile boardwalk!
2. Luray - The Luray Caverns are the largest and most popular caverns east of the Mississippi. Luray is also a great destination for outdoor recreation with Shenandoah National Park access and hundreds of cabins to choose from.
3. Richmond - A wealth and variety of history, culture and outdoor recreation give Richmond its vibrant, eclectic vibe. See why Outside Magazine dubbed Richmond the “Best Town Ever”.
Most Viewed Articles on Virginia.org
1. Cool Places for Kids - This list, broken down by age, includes 70 amazing spaces and places for children to explore and thrive in Virginia. See what’s too cool for school for your little angel, grade schooler, tween or teen.
2. Cozy Virginia Cabins - If you’re looking for a place to chill, relax, unwind, and otherwise get some alone time, this is a great resource. Find your perfect “cabin in the woods” for overnight, weekend or week-long escape.
3. Virginia’s Beaches - Big or small, bustling or private, coastal or inland, sandy or coarse, Virginia has a beach you’re going to love.
Top Search Terms on Virginia.org
3. Virginia Beach
5. Natural Bridge
7. Apple Picking
What will you be searching for in 2014? Get started now at Virginia.org and check out our handy Trip Planner while you’re there. Save your finds to the Trip Planner, then organize, map, share or print. Cheers to your travels!
Virginia is for Lovers.