6 Virginia Trails for Arts and Culture
by Casey | Posted on September 18th, 2013
Take a drive that reaps rewards not with the scenery alone, but with the treasures along the way. The six trails below have been identified for their esteemed artisans and other relevant cultural experiences.
The Hidden Treasures Artisan Trail (HT) meanders through Patrick County in Southwest Virginia, leading you to and through a wealth of beauty. Marry it with the Floyd County Trail (FC) and the White Lightning Trail (WL) of Franklin County by way of the Blue Ridge Parkway, starting at Meadows of Dan. This trail is worthy of your 48 hours, be it weekday or weekend.
- Mountain Meadows Farm and Craft Market – corn maze and pumpkin patch, too! (HT)
- Mabry Mill (FC)
- Chateau Morrisette Winery (HT & FC)
- Villa Appalaccia Winery (HT & FC)
- Sarvisberry Gallery & Studios (FC)
- Tuggles Gap Restaurant & Motel (FC)
- Hensley Polseno Pottery (FC)
- Blue Ridge Institute and Farm Museum (WL)
- Moondancer Creations (WL)
- Icove Lighting Design Gallery (FC)
The Monticello Artisan Trail (MA) from the Blue Ridge Parkway through Nelson and Albemarle Counties pairs up nicely with the Nelson 151 Trail (151) and the Presidents Passport (PP) program. Mix, mingle, and be merry!
- Wintergreen Resort (MA & PP)
- Mountain Vision Pottery (MA & PP)
- Devil’s Backbone Brewing Co. (MA & 151)
- Wintergreen Winery (151)
- Wild Wolf Brewing Co. (MA, PP & 151)
- Rockfish River Pottery (MA)
- Hill Top Berry Farm & Winery (MA, PP & 151)
- Nan Rothwell Pottery (MA & PP)
- Albemarle CiderWorks (MA)
- Carter Mountain Orchard (MA)
- Michie Tavern (MA & PP)
- Jefferson Vineyards (MA)
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello (MA & PP)
Where are you headed this fall in Virginia? Leave us a comment to tell us your favorite drive for foliage, your favorite festival, or whatever else you’d like to share about all the ways you LOVE fall in Virginia!
LOVE is at the heart of every Virginia vacation. Virginia is for Lovers.
Sign up to receive our weekly Fall Foliage Report.*
*Fall Foliage Reports will begin on or about September 25.