Saint George’s Episcopal Church
by Casey | Posted on September 26th, 2013
The present St. George’s Church building was built in 1849. It was the third to be constructed on this site. The first was a wooden structure built in the 1730s, the second, a more substanial building, was created in 1815. It was attended by George Washington and his family and was used as a hospital during the Civil War.
Virginia Tourism Corporation, www.Virginia.org