New and Old Cape Henry Lighthouses
by Casey | Posted on September 19th, 2013
Old Cape Henry Lighthouse, c.1792, was the first completed, and much needed, federal work project commissioned by the newly formed government. It is located on Fort Story military base, close to where Christopher Newport first landed in 1607. View of the new Cape Henry Lighthouse, c.1881.
Virginia Tourism Corporation, www.Virginia.org