Looking for something old, sweet and pretty? Antique and trash-to-treasure shops are havens for DIYers and collectors alike.
Northern VirginiaSouthern Living issued The Ultimate Antiquing Tour in their November 2011 edition and those gems are still shining brightly in Virginia. Writer Paula Disbrowe plotted her way from Maryland into Virginia, even including suggested places to eat.
- Leesburg Antique Emporium: More than 40 dealers
- Hastening Antiques in Middleburg: 17th and 18th century French, English and Continental furniture
- Middleburg Antique Emporium: 45 dealers with local, European, English and American antiques
- American in Paris Antiques in Paris: American folk art, quilts, candle stands and more
- Discover Bargains, Boutiques & Antiques - Manassas
Cabin Creekwood in Lyndhurst offers local shopping suggestions to their guests just as any good cabin owner would. I came across their blog and an entry entitled Antiquing in Virginia: 4 Shops Worth Visiting caught my attention. Who knows best? Locals know best. If you’re in the Staunton area, check out Valley of Virginia Antiques in Fairfield, the Stuarts Draft Antique Mall, The Factory Antique Mall in Verona, or Memory Makers in downtown Staunton.
- Antiques & Road Shows – Winchester
Take your hunt for antiques to the Eastern Shore of Virginia. That’s just what writer Krys Stefansky of The Virginian-Pilot did in her article Road Trip: Find Antique Heaven on the Eastern Shore. Her recommended stops include Blue Crow Antique Mall in Keller, Exmore’s Antique Emporium, and two dining destinations as well: Big’s Place – The Gaskill Family Restaurant in Painter and Yellow Duck Bakery Cafe in Exmore. Read her article to see why she ends it, “We’re coming back.”
More to Consider:
- Antiques & Collectibles of The Crooked Road – Rocky Mount
- Black Dog Salvage – Roanoke
- Holly Hill Farm Antiques – Gloucester
- Mayberry Trading Post – Meadows of Dan
- Melrose Antiques – Orange
- Petersburg Pickers – Petersburg
- Sarah Jean – Purcellville
- The Shops at Mauzy – Broadway
- See the Complete Directory
Where will you find your next treasure? Leave a comment to share your favorite antique picking place.