by Casey | Posted on May 15th, 2013
Virginia has more than 2,800 miles of trout water in addition to stocked ponds, lakes and reservoirs. If you’re not handy with a rod and fly, there are fly fishing experts all over the Commonwealth who specialize in training new anglers. In fact, if you find yourself at one of Virginia’s mountain resorts, there are fishing instructors on staff who will gladly show you the ropes.
- Homestead Adventure Package – The Homestead Resort in Hot Springs invites each person to choose his or her own outdoor experience, including fly fishing, for $279 per room, per night. Book Now
- Exclusive Charter Discount – York River Charters in Yorktown has an offer available only to you as the reader of this blog post and Virginia.org. Book a Chesapeake Bay or York River fishing (or sightseeing) charter and save 5% just by mentioning Virginia.org. Call 757-645-8397 to discuss pricing and options.
- 17% to 21% Off Youth Fishing Trips – New River Trips in Galax extends to you this special discount. Bring your son or daughter under the age of 18 to fish the Upper New River under their guidance and save big. Call 276-235-2514 to discuss pricing and options.
- “Man-cation” – The Carriage House Inn Bed & Breakfast in Lynchburg welcomes you and up to 15 buddies for a men’s only getaway. Stay two nights and they’ll arrange the outfitter to take you fishing. Call 800-937-3582 to discuss pricing and options.
In addition to the trip deals mentioned above, there are special events to introduce your children to the sport of fishing.
- Saturdays and Sundays in June – Murray’s On the Stream Small Mouth Bass School - The fishing portion of these schools is adapted to meet the specific needs of each individual student whether they are beginners, intermediate or advanced anglers.
- August 10 – 6th Annual Smith River Fest in Axton - This event is truly a celebration of all things associated with the Smith River: paddling, hiking, biking, fishing and nature watching.