If you’ve been looking for a tasty way to spend a Saturday, look no further. It’s strawberry season and that’s just the beginning of the deliciousness that awaits you in Virginia.
Love to try various types of barbecue or do you already have a favorite? If you’re a taster at heart, be sure to add these events to your calendar.
- May 11: BBQ Jamboree, Fredericksburg
- May 18: Habitat Jam: Bands, Beer & Barbeque, Lexington
- May 25: Chantilly Farm Bluegrass and BBQ Festival, Floyd
- June 15: Barrels, Bands & Barbecue, Mount Jackson
- June 28-30: Hogging Up BBQ & Music Festival, Clear Brook
- June 28-29: Covington Cork and Pork Festival
Greek flavors are right at home in Virginia. Here’s where you can enjoy souvlaki, dolmades and spanakopita in a festival environment.
- May 18: Taste of Greece at Doukenie Winery, Purcellville
- May 30-June 2: Newport News Greek Festival
- August 17-18: Winchester Greek Festival
Sweet strawberries! It’s that time of year and here’s where you can get the fresh-picked goodness. Take some home, but definitely find a strawberry shortcake for immediate gratification.
- May 18: Strawberry Festival, Stuart
- May 25: St. Stephen’s Strawberry Festival, Heathsville
- May 25-26: Delaplane Strawberry Festival, Delaplane
- May 25-26: Pungo Strawberry Festival, Virginia Beach
- June 8: Ashland Strawberry Faire
Southern comfort foods abound in Virginia, and you can certainly expect to find some at a festival near you.
- May 18: Famous Fried Chicken Festival, Gordonsville
- June 15: Breaux Vineyards’ 16th Annual Cajun Festival and Crawfish Boil, Purcellville
- June 21-23: Annual AT&T Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival, Norfolk
Festivals sure are a scrumptious way to spend your summer! Find more at Virginia.org.