LOVE Handcrafted Art? We’ve Got Trails for That.
by Casey | Posted on May 6th, 2013
Virginia’s artisan trails are rich with history and beauty, and I’m not just talking about the stunning drive that gets you where you’re going. Regional flavor is highlighted in meticulously woven, painted, hammered, thrown and blown pieces. Every stained glass has a story to tell, as does every hand carved wooden treasure.
Virginia’s largest artisan network is ‘Round the Mountain, connecting 19 counties and four cities’ worth of studios, galleries, craft venues, farms, vineyards and other creative points of interest via 15 trails. More than 400 artisans and craftspeople are represented, with Heartwood: Southwest Virginia’s Artisan Gateway in Abingdon serving as the primary entry point.
- Harmony Trail (Galax and Carroll Counties)
- Giles Arts and Adventure Trail
- Hidden Treasures Artisan Trail (Patrick County)
- Montgomery County Artisan Trail
- New River Artisan Trail (Radford and Pulaski County)
- White Lightning Artisan Trail (Franklin County)
- Countryside Artisan Trail (Bristol and Washington County)
- Woven Mountains and River Bends Artisan Trail (Grayson County)
- Smyth County Artisan Trail
- Mountain Crossroads Artisan Trail (Wythe and Bland Counties)
- Floyd County Trail
- Lonesome Pine Artisan Trail (Wise County and Norton)
- Clinch River Artisan Trail (Russell and Tazewell Counties)
- Wilderness Road Artisan Trail (Scott and Lee Counties)
- Rivers to Ridges Artisan Trail (Dickenson and Buchanan Counties)
In Nelson and Albemarle Counties, travel the Monticello Artisan Trail for an engaging, authentic experience with farmers and artisans of all kinds.
The HeART and Soil of the Shenandoah Valley includes artisans preserving traditional crafts and exploring modern innovations in Staunton, Augusta and Waynesboro, while the Western Highlands Artisan Trail takes you into Alleghany, Bath, Craig and Highland Counties for unique Appalachian cultural experiences.
Enjoy these artisan trail adventures for genuinely charming interactions and a great sense of Virginia hospitality. You’re truly going to LOVE what you find. Shall we sweeten the pot? Go ahead and enter to win one of three exclusive vacations to experience Southwest Virginia’s artisan trails, unique places to stay and more.