by Casey | Posted on May 9th, 2013
Every day is wine tourism day in Virginia, but May 11, 2013 is the inaugural Wine Tourism Day in North America. Let’s celebrate!
Virginia is home to more than 200 wineries and the world has taken notice as publications repeatedly hail Virginia as a wine region to visit and enjoy. Of course, boasting award-winning vintages doesn’t hurt.
May 11 Wine Events in Virginia
- A Taste of New Kent Wine Festival, New Kent
- Dog Day at Breaux, Purcellville
- Virginia Wine Day at Blue Mountain Brewery, Afton
- Uncork the Cure Wine Festival, Daleville
- Wine and Trotter Festival, Woodstock
- Mother’s Day Luncheon and Open House, Wise
- Luncheon in the Vineyard for Mom, Amissville
- Tunes in the Tasting Room at Democracy Vineyards, Lovingston
- James River Wine and Music Festival, Lynchburg
- Gadino Cellars’ Mother’s Day Celebration, Washington
- Mother’s Day Edition of Sunset Saturday at Hickory Hill, Moneta
- Wine Festival at Monticello, Charlottesville
- Discover Virginia Food & Wine Festival, Ruckersville
Wine Tourism Day originated in Europe in 2009. The day is meant to highlight wineries, as well as support traveling to and vacationing in wine regions.