by Casey | Posted on April 5th, 2013
Take a break from your Saturday yard work and find an art or music festival to LOVE in Virginia.
This Weekend - The Fredericksburg Spring Arts & Crafts Faire takes over the Expo & Conference Center Saturday and Sunday to bring you any and every thing that can be classified as art or craft: jewelry, photography, foods and sauces, candles, wood turnings, paintings, scarves … The admission is $6/adult, $4/senior and kids 12 and under are free.
- Burnt Creative Indie Craft and Vintage Market in Blacksburg, April 6 and May 4
- Lancaster Court Day Arts, Crafts & History Festival in Lancaster, April 13
- Fool for Art in Midlothian, April 13
- Colonial Williamsburg Employee Arts & Crafts Show and Sale in Williamsburg, April 13-14
- Annual International Children’s Festival in Hampton, April 20
- Dayton Redbud Arts & Crafts Festival in Dayton, April 27
- The Virginia Hot Glass Festival in Staunton, April 27-28
- Danville Museum’s Art on the Lawn in Danville, May 4
- Art on the Green in Lexington, May 11
- Virginia Wine & Craft Festival in Front Royal, May 18
This Weekend – The 6th Annual Sea Level Singer/Songwriter Festival hit the streets of Norfolk as of yesterday and offers great music opportunities through Saturday night. From 4 p.m. to midnight music lovers can hit up a variety of venues to enjoy the performances for free. The fun kicks off Saturday at 11 a.m. and wraps up at 7 p.m. with the Emerging Artist Contest at Attucks Theatre ($10).
- Tom Tom Founders Festival in Charlottesville, April 11-14
- Mountain Cove Music Festival in Lovingston, April 28
- BrewRidge Music Festival in Pembroke, May 3-4
- The Cape Charles Crabby Blues Festival in Cape Charles, May 4
- Piney River Bluegrass Festival in Piney River, May 11
- Richard Leigh Songwriter’s Festival in Abingdon, May 18
- Dr. Ralph Stanley’s Annual Memorial Weekend Bluegrass Festival in Coeburn, May 23-25
- Jubilee in the Breaks, May 24-26