Valentines Weekend for Families
by Dave | Posted on February 7th, 2013
Valentine’s is all about love. Same is true for Virginia is for Lovers. This is especially true for families who are always looking for ways to spend more time together, which is exactly what a weekend trip to Virginia has to offer. So why not think about Valentine’s a little differently this year and make it a long weekend to celebrate LOVE of family. We’ve got seven ideas of things you can do and places to visit in Virginia to make Valentine’s Day weekend a true family affair:
1. Handmade Gifts of LOVE – Visit artisan and craft centers in Virginia to pick out special Valentines gifts for each other that come from the heart. Or better yet sign up for a family class and make gifts for each other.
2. Get Together in the Great Outdoors – February can be a beautiful time for a hike in Virginia. Trails across the state offer paths from easy walking trails to more challenging for families who are experienced hikers. The leaves are off the trees, affording clear and amazing views for miles around.
3. Share your LOVE What are you most passionate about? Art? Music? History? Virginia has museums for everything and Valentine’s Weekend is a great time to share your love of music, art, history and more with your family and start building great traditions together.
4. All in one Resorts – Great for family togethering with tons of activities but also if mom and dad do want some time for just the two of you, programs to keep the kids entertained and on-site babysitting services.
5. Go Old School Take your kids to one of Virginia’s charming small towns and let them delight in the old-fashion goodness of real soda fountains, local diners, farmers markets, cool old train stations and true Americana.
6. Sweets for the sweets If chocolate is a must for your Valentine’s amusement, take pride in the sweets you buy. Visit local chocolatiers and candy shops such as Chocolate Occasions, Gearhearts, Chocolates by Kelly and others found throughout Virginia and make a day out of it by shopping for the best with the family.
7. Put LOVE at the Heart of Your Virginia Vacation Can you think of a more perfect photo opp for Valentine’s then you and your family in front of a giant LOVE sculpture? There are more than 20 to choose from in Virginia. Make a weekend out of visiting as many Virginia is for Lovers LOVEworks as you can, take your picture and share it out to send your love to your family and friends.
LOVE is at the heart of every Virginia vacation. Virginia is for Lovers.
Request a free Travel Guide.