Cozy Virginia Wineries
by Casey | Posted on February 13th, 2013
Virginia is a Commonwealth of wine with more than 200 wineries statewide, making for great winter getaway spots. If you’re looking for a place to cozy up with a glass of wine, our friends in Loudoun County have identified their 17 wineries with a fireplace.
Following their lead, here are 20 others across Virginia that have an inviting space for you to warm and sip.
Chateau Morrisette is a mountaintop winery that sits just off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Floyd. The winery boasts a Black Dog concert series, a farm-to-table approach to culinary creations in their restaurant, and of course, premier Virginia wine.
Delaplane’s Barrel Oak Winery is widely known as one of the most kid and pet friendly Virginia wineries. Additionally, BOW is also certified Virginia Green, making conservation and environmental concerns as a top priority.
Just 35 minutes outside of Charlottesville, DelFosse Vineyards and Winery in Faber is one of only a few terraced vineyards in Virginia. More than five miles of trails are open for your hiking and/or biking pleasure.
Paradise Springs Winery and Vineyard can be found in Clifton and is the closest farm winery to Washington, DC. Paradise Springs’ 2009 Chardonnay won the 2010 Governor’s Cup.
Situated on historic grounds, Barboursville Vineyards in Barboursville is renowned for Octagon, a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon, but only in their very best years. The 2009 Octagon, 12th Edition, won the 2013 Governor’s Cup.
- West Wind Farm Vineyard & Winery, Max Meadows
- Saude Creek Vineyards, Lanexa
- Barren Ridge Vineyards, Fishersville
- Cooper Vineyards, Louisa
- Early Mountain Vineyards, Madison
- King Family Vineyards, Crozet
- The Winery at Bull Run, Centreville
- Molon Lave Vineyards, Warrenton
- Flying Fox Vineyard, Afton
- Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards, North Garden
- Rosemont Vineyards and Winery, La Crosse
- Potomac Point Winery, Stafford
- Dry Mill Vineyards, Leesburg
- Beliveau Winery, Blacksburg
- Old House Vineyards, Culpeper
Virginia boasts more than 230 wineries. Make a plan to visit and sample them all. Chances are good you’ll find a fireplace we didn’t!
LOVE is at the heart of every Virginia vacation. Virginia is for Lovers.
Request a free Travel Guide.