Fall is a brilliant time to visit Virginia as 15 million acres of foliage burst into color. Fall color creeps west to east across Virginia, so if you’re itching for fall now, southwest Virginia is the direction you want to go. Let these photos show you why and then go to Virginia.org/Fall to plan your great escape.
- Back of the Dragon, Marion to Tazewell
- Big Walker Scenic Byway, Wytheville
- Breaks Interstate Park, Breaks
- Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, Ewing
- Mabry Mill, Blue Ridge Parkway, Meadows of Dan
- New River Trail State Park, Foster Falls
- Powell Valley Overlook, Norton
- Primland Resort, Meadows of Dan
- Spearhead Trails, Saint Paul
- The Channels, Abingdon
- Whitetop Mountain, Mouth of Wilson
- Virginia Creeper Trail, Abingdon to Damascus to Whitetop
Explore more of Fall in Virginia at Virginia.org/Fall.
* Updated October 3, 2014