by Casey | Posted on July 3rd, 2012
Tomorrow is the big day – the day we celebrate our Independence – but today actually has a few surprises of its own. If you love fireworks, here are a few destinations to get your fix in advance.
- Genworth Financial 29th Annual Celebrate Freedom Independence Day Concert – This free event starts at 6:30 pm, with the concert beginning at 7:30 pm. Fireworks start at approximately 8:45 pm.
- RVA Fireworks on the James – Come early and bring a picnic. At sundown fireworks commence.
- Damascus Independence Day Celebration – Free concert by Phantom starting at 7pm, followed by a spectacular fireworks show.
- Chesapeake’s Celebrate Freedom Concert and Fireworks – Come out and celebrate our nation’s birthday under the stars, featuring lively music and a fireworks finale! FREE admission.
- Community Fireworks in Winchester – Come enjoy the fireworks display to celebrate Independence Day! The Winchester Royals baseball game will take place at 6pm, too.
- Summer Jam at Massanutten Resort - This event features live bands, kids activities, an expansive beer garden, delicious food, and a show-stopping fireworks display to finish up the night!
- Fireworks at South Boston Speedway - See the NASCAR Whelen Late Model 200/ Limited 100/ Pure Stock 50 followed by FIREWORKS!
- Martinsville Speedway Celebration - Carnival rides from 5 pm – 11:30 pm! The “Paintin’ The Town Tour” featuring a trio of all-star acts, Darryl Worley, Bo Bice and David Lee Murphy starts at 8 pm. Then, grab a chair, let down the tailgate and wait for the largest fireworks show in the area to begin. Free admission; donations welcome.
- South Hill’s Picnic in the Park – Food, music, fun and fireworks for the entire family.
For the complete list of fireworks and Independence Day events, visit Virginia.org/July4th or click the map below.