This Saturday, June 9, is Fee-Free National Park Day and it’s also National Get Outdoors Day. Virginia’s national park sites are perfect places to spend the day and enjoy the very best of Virginia’s natural beauty and history.
- Appomattox Court House National Historical Park
- Arlington House, the Robert E. Lee Memorial
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Cedar Creek & Belle Grove National Historical Park
- Booker T. Washington National Monument
- Cape Henry Memorial
- Claude Moore Colonial Farm and National Park
- Colonial National Historical Park
- Cumberland Gap National Historical Park
- Fort Monroe National Monument
- Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park
- George Washington Birthplace National Monument
- George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Great Falls National Park
- Jamestown National Historic Site
- Maggie L. Walker National Historic Site
- Manassas National Battlefield Park
- Petersburg National Battlefield Park
- Richmond National Battlefield Park
- Prince William Forest Park
- Shenandoah National Park
- Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts
- Yorktown National Battlefield
Note that fee-free means there is no entrance fee. Fees still apply to any special events, camping and lodging, food, etc. A majority of National Park Service sites are free admission all the time.
LOVE is at the heart of every Virginia vacation.
Request your free Virginia Travel Guide.