by Casey | Posted on May 15th, 2012
Are we not all looking for savings these days? It’s gone from couponing in grocery stores to vacation deals, and luckily, there are great vacation deals to be had in Virginia.
That unofficial official start-of-summer weekend is drawing near. Have you hatched an escape plan?
The renowned natural wonder of Virginia – The Natural Bridge – is the centerpiece of a Memorial Day weekend package. Stay one night at the Natural Bridge Hotel complete with a country breakfast, and then explore the Cedar Creek Trail beneath the bridge as it leads you to the Monacan Indian Village and Lace Falls. Don’t forget about the Drama of Creation – the capstone nighttime event at the bridge – you’ll never see the bridge the same again. After you’ve been mesmerized, check out the new butterfly garden, caverns, wax museum, and toy museum! It’s a family adventure 25% off the normal rate: $149 base price for mom and dad, add $30 for children over 12, $20 for children 5 to 12. Children under 5 are free.
If peace and quiet are all you’re looking for on a busy travel weekend, slip away to Warm Springs and the tranquil Meadow Villas. Just give Jan a call and tell her Virginia is for Lovers sent you to claim your 10% discount.
- Shenandoah Caverns: Free admission for retired or active military, May 25-28. For others, buy one adult ticket at $23 and your child is free!
- Tree Streets Inn, a beautiful B&B in Waynesboro, is offering 25% off your second night when you pay the regular rate for the first. Available through June 19.
- The Tides Inn – a beautiful resort in Irvington – is offering a third night free when you pay the regular rate for the first two.
- A cabin stay at Montfair Resort Farm in Crozet might be just what you need. If it is, and if you’re a member of the US military, they’ll offer you 15% off their lowest available rate.
- In lovely Nelson County sits Orchard House Bed and Breakfast. Take advantage of their pampering for two nights between Monday through Thursday for just $160! That’s up to 40% off their weekend rates, making weekdays the way to travel.
- For spur-of-the-moment travelers, this deal from Stevenson Ridge in Spotsylvania is your reward. Call them within 48 hours of your stay and they’ll give you 15% off! Subject to availability, of course.
- Smithfield Station is proud to offer 15% off the lowest available rate for active and retired military.
- Book two nights with By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages and they’ll give you a $50 credit on your stay to cover your gas. P.S. The cottages are ideal for a romantic mom and dad weekend.
- Stay two nights at Holiday Inn Patriot in Williamsburg to receive a $25 gas credit.
- Book a two-night stay at Country Inn & Suites Chesapeake at the regular rate and receive a $25 Shell gas card.
Fourth of July
Celebrate your own vacation independence while the country celebrates, too!
Remember summer camps? The Marine Science Consortium on the Eastern Shore is offering a week-long family camp over the 4th of July. It’s all-inclusive (meals, lodging, all fees, etc.) with activities to include kayaking, nature hikes, a visit to the NASA Wallops Island facility, seafood feast celebration, arts and crafts, nature hikes, and more! July 1-6, 2012. $399/person for the week.
Fantastic Family Packages
Everyone’s bucket list should include a trip to the place where America began – Jamestown. Book two nights at the Fife & Drum Inn in Williamsburg and receive admission to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, and Yorktown Victory Center. $278.40 per person. A three-night stay is $368.65 per person.
Who doesn’t love dolphins? This exclusive package from The Oceanfront Inn in Virginia Beach offers you a chance to see them! Stay two nights and enjoy a Dolphin Watching Excursion from the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, as well as tickets to the Center and 3D IMAX® Theater. Rates are $124-$277 + tax per adult. Add $26 + tax per child aged 4 to 11.
A mother/daughter or even father/daughter getaway has landed in Northern Virginia. One of only 9 stores nationwide, American Girl Doll Store is now available at Tyson’s Corner! Stay with the Courtyard by Marriott in McLean and request the American Girl package to receive a sweet doll-themed goodie bag for your little girl and her doll, $40 gift card to splurge at the American Girl Doll Store, breakfast for two, and transportation to and from the mall. From $199 per night for two.
Busch Gardens and Water Country USA are two of Virginia’s top family attractions. Plan your three-night stay at the accommodation of your choice (located in Williamsburg, Newport News, or Virginia Beach) and receive a Discovery Ticket for Busch Gardens and Water Country USA, plus free parking at both parks. From $160/person for a family of four. Available through September 3, 2012.
Plan your perfect Virginia family vacation at Virginia.org.
LOVE is at the heart of every Virginia vacation. Virginia is for Lovers.