by Casey | Posted on February 21st, 2012
With right around 200 wineries in Virginia, it would take serious dedication to visit even a third of the tasting rooms for a sample of their best wines. Until you have time to make the rounds, or even if you already have, check out the Virginia Wine Expo this weekend at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.
More than 400 wines from more than 70 Virginia wineries will be poured this weekend at the Virginia Wine Expo. Your ticket buys you a Riedel® crystal wine glass and allows you to sample around to find the one you love. Gourmet foods from some of Virginia’s most notable chefs will be available for sampling as well.
Friday, February 24
- Noon-2 p.m.: Virginia Wine Lovers’ Luncheon at Acacia
- 4-6 p.m.: Prelude to the Expo Soiree at Bistro 27
- 5:30-10 p.m.: Walk-Around Grand Tasting at the Greater Richmond Convention Center
- 9 p.m.-1 a.m.: After Hours at T-Miller’s
- Noon-2 p.m.: Late Winter Harvest Luncheon at Lemaire
- Noon-8 p.m.: Walk-Around Grand Tasting at the Greater Richmond Convention Center
- 5:30-8:30 p.m.: Virginia Wine and Hors d’oeuvres at Tobacco Company
- 1-2 p.m.: Seminar – Fresh Southern Favorites & Virginia Wine
- 2-3 p.m.: Seminar – Your “Pleasure” Senses and Professional Wine Tasting Techniques
- 3-4 p.m.: Seminar – Why Virginia? The State of Virginia Wine
- 4-5 p.m.: Seminar – Modern Charcuterie & Virginia Wines
- 8 p.m.-1 a.m.: After Hours at T-Miller’s
- 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.: Virginia Wine + Brunch at Selba
- Noon-5 p.m.: Walk-Around Grand Tasting at the Greater Richmond Convention Center
- There is no re-entry. If you leave the event, you will not be permitted to re-enter.
- Purchase tickets in advance. To ensure a high-quality event, tickets are limited.
- Food and beverages are prohibited. Food samples may be available from some vendors and other foods will be available for purchase. Water will be complimentary for cleansing your palate.
- An ID is required. No one younger than 21 will be permitted to attend Friday or Saturday events.
- Dress for all events is “smart, chic, or comfortable casual.” No tie required for men; jacket optional. Dark colors are recommended (red wine hides well on dark colors).
- Please refrain from strong perfumes, colognes, and lotions as their scents disrupt the bouquet of the wines.
- Coat and wine check will be available.
- Handicap accessible.
- No pets.
- Smokers will be asked to use the designated area.
- Wine will be available for purchase by the glass and bottle.