by Casey | Posted on September 30th, 2011
Old-fashioned candy, now that is the way to go this Halloween. Stock up on the good stuff!
- Candi’s Candies in Old Town Alexandria offers free samples (yeah, you read that right), and they cater to the taffy lover with over 60 flavors. You can also scoop up chocolates and novelty candy, as well as the vintage sweets.
- Olde Time Lollipops Candy & Fudge Factory in Fredericksburg is a fun atmosphere offering the good ol’ days of candy, like fizzies, candy buttons, and mary janes. Love fudge? Take your choice of as many as 14 flavors on any given day. Ever had pumpkin or apple pie fudge? Can you try them here!
- Mary’s Cakery & Candy Kitchen in King George is a go-to for everything old-fashioned. From handmade chocolate and baked goods to novelty candy.
- Warfel’s Sweet Shoppe in Dayton will spoil you with handmade peanut brittle, chocolate, fudge, truffles, and even sugar-free sweets (what an oxymoron!).
- Colvin Run Mill Historic Site in Great Falls has the coveted “penny” candy of yesteryear. Take a turn around the mill and get your sweet fix, too.
- Natural Bridge Gift Shop is another place to have a speck of history while you give in to your candy craving. A full-fledged soda shop with fudge, ice cream and candy will dictate a walk along Cedar Creek to see the inspiring Natural Bridge.
Now that your mouth is watering, make a plan to fill a sack and have yourself a sweet little Halloween a few weeks early.