The End of Summer. Now there is a phrase that makes some folks quite upset. I choose to look at the happy side of that phrase, that is, great last-minute beach deals, early fall deals, and cooler temps. Yeah, definitely the cooler temps!
Cash in now on travel savings …
- Third night 50% off at Holladay House Bed & Breakfast in Orange over Labor Day weekend. Psst! They were featured on HGTV.com and TravelChannel.com. Yeah, you’ll want to stay there at some point.
- Where can you book three nights for only $349? Meadow Villas in Warm Springs, that’s where. The rate is good for Columbus weekend only (October 7-11), so get it now before it’s gone.
- Visit a nearby attraction and get half off your second night at Boxwood Inn in Newport News. The eligible attractions are Endview Plantation, Lee Hall Mansion, and The Mariners’ Museum. This deal is good through the end of 2011.
- If you’re somewhat a planner, the Stonewall Jackson Hotel in Staunton would like to reward you with a 25% discount off their best available rate. Book up to 21 days in advance of your visit to capture this one.
- On down the Valley road in Natural Bridge is an $8/person savings awaiting your arrival. See the historic (not to mention gigantic) Natural Bridge, Caverns, and new Butterflies at the Bridge exhibit for one price. Stay the night, too, if you want. It’s as reasonable as $85 for two people or $125 for four.
- Heading to historic Alexandria? Book a three-night stay at Best Western Mount Vernon and sweep up a 30% discount. Only staying two nights? Tsk. That’s only a 15% savings. But hey, you do what you can do. Make sure this is a Thursday through Sunday stay, as those are the only days that qualify.
- While you’re in Alexandria, capture more savings with the Key to the City savings packet.
- No pressure, but if you’re considering getting married … in a hurry … why not elope? There are great spur-of-the-moment deals to be had. Not that marriage should be entered into lightly, but when you know, you know. Right?
- Go all “destination wedding” on your friends and family with a sandy Virginia Beach elopement. Included in the $1295 fee is the wedding officiant, two photographers, and ten beautiful photos of your big day.
- Dreaming of a mountain view for your wedding? The Blue Ridge Wedding Chapel in Lovingston is available to you, as is a minister and photographer. Bring up to 12 of your closest family and friends to make it a day to remember, for only $895.
So tell me, what’s so bad about the end of summer? Get your travel on!