None of us are ever too old to learn anything, and all of us enjoy a good vacation. Marry the two and you have got yourself an education vacation.
One of the best destinations for an outdoor lover’s education vacation is the Eastern Shore of Virginia, the 70-mile southern
sliver of the Delmarva Peninsula. Life is different on the Shore. It’s simple, relaxed, and solitude is abundant.
On the Shore you can learn to kayak or build one, get in touch with Native American building trades, take to the skies and learn to hang glide, or use those same ocean breezes to learn to kiteboard. Have you put off learning the trade of crabbing? Don’t dive off the deep end, but try your hand at pier crabbing. Deep sea fishing can be taught by any number of charter fishermen, too, if you just ask.
Plan your Eastern Shore vacation soon!
- 125th Anniversary of the Town of Cape Charles – August 27
- Onancock Harbor Festival – September 9
- Cape Charles Fall Festival – September 24
- Eastern Shore Harvest Festival – October 5
- Eastern Shore of Virginia Birding and Wildlife Festival – October 7-9
- Chincoteague Island Oyster Festival – October 8