by Casey | Posted on May 20th, 2011
As the weather warms, families and couples alike are looking for opportunities to soak up the Vitamin D and let the breeze blow through their locks. Perhaps one of these events will knock your socks off …
- May 19-22: The Chesapeake Jubilee boasts big entertainment on three stages as well as crafts, 4-H shows, a Barbecue Cook-Off, and amazing fireworks the night of the 21st. Admission is a mere $2!
- May 27-29: Roanoke Festival in the Park is celebrating its 42nd year with a 5K/10K race, arts and crafts shows, four stages of live performances, an antique car show, and tons of fun for kids. Admission is $10 at the gate.
- May 28: The Coal Heritage Day Celebration in Pocahontas is a special day of touring the Pocahontas Exhibition Coal Mine and Museum for FREE … with lunch provided for FREE! Share in the history of coal mining.
- June 2-4: Have a hankerin’ for authentic Greek food? Check out the Newport News Greek Festival, now in 44th year! Free on-site parking.
- June 3-5: Celebrate American heroes in Virginia Beach, just miles from the USA’s largest military bases, during the Patriotic Festival. Sit back and enjoy three days of national recording artists, military displays and demos, not to mention the Air and Sea Show! Free admission; VIP available through Ticketmaster.
- June 5: If you want to sample the best of Richmond’s cuisine, Broad Appétit is the place to be. From $3/sample ($5/sample gets you dessert, too), you can taste the signature dishes from more than 50 Richmond hot spots.
- June 9-12: Land ho! You’ve never seen so many vessels as Norfolk Harborfest® yields. From battleships to tall ships, and even PIRATES, this is the place to celebrate seafaring.
For more festivalin’ ideas, check out the directory of events.