by Casey | Posted on March 10th, 2011
Among the first of Virginia’s spring blooms are redbuds, dogwoods, jonquils, and crocus. What’s your favorite?
Celebrate new beginnings with a festival and a deep breath of fragrant air.
- Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival, Winchester – April 25-May 1
- Vinton Dogwood Festival, Vinton – April 30
- Heart of Virginia Festival, Farmville – May 2
- Culpeper Day, Culpeper – May 7
- Spring Wine Festival & Sunset Tour, Mount Vernon – May 13-15
- Art on the Half Shell Fine Art & Fine Crafts Festival, Urbanna – May 14
- SpringFest, South Hill – May 21
- Virginia Wine & Craft Festival, Front Royal – May 21
- Warrenton Spring Festival, Warrenton – May 21
- Spring Wine Festival at The Plains, The Plains – May 21-22
- Dr. Ralph Stanley’s 40th Annual Memorial Weekend Bluegrass Festival, Coeburn – May 26-28
- Gathering in the Gap Roots Music Festival, Big Stone Gap – May 28
Plan your spring Virginia getaway at Virginia.org or order our free Travel Guide by calling 1-800-Visit-VA.