Vienna in Virginia
by Casey | Posted on July 15th, 2010
Wintergreen Performing Arts’ Summer Music Festival and Academy - Vienna – has already kicked off, but it’s not too late to experience four centuries’ worth of amazing Viennese music and art!
The standard works of Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert and others will waft through the mountains from Wintergreen through August 1, 2010. Special activities include cooking classes, seminars, a film festival, wine tastings, and of course, the Academy classes.
Events of Note:
- Saturdays, July 17, 24 and 31
- 11:00 – Build-an-Instrument Workshop
- 11:30 – An Austrian Heuriger … Wintergreen Style
- 4:00 – Austiran Wine and Beer Tasting (also scheduled for July 31st)
- 8:15 – Imaginary Letters: Mozart Remembered
- Monday, July 19
- 5:00 – Film Festival Opening – Quadruple Bill – Wine Reception to Follow
- Wednesday, July 21
- 7:30 – Pops Concert: Elisabeth von Trapp and The Blue Train
- Thursdays, July 22 and 29
- 6:00 – Dinner at Monticello followed by Mozart at Monticello at 7:30
- Wednesday, July 28
- 7:30 – Pops Concert: Viennese Pops
For a full schedule of events, click here. Tickets are available online, but some events are sold out (noted through the link). It’s amazing music in the most amazing settings.