The Blue Ridge Parkway is Perfect for Wine Travelers
by Casey | Posted on June 30th, 2010
In this 75th anniversary year of “America’s Most Scenic Drive,” come along for a drive of your own. Many festivals and winery events can be found along or just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, so plan a weekend excursion of beauty, remembrance, and wine. Travel packages and discounts are available.
- July 3-4 – Floyd Fandango Beer and Wine Festival - Mile Post 170.5 – 15 wineries and 10 microbreweries converge on the Blue Cow Pavilion!
- July 10 – A Midsummers’ Night at Blue Ridge Vineyard - Rt. 43 South off the Parkway – Kick back for live music and wine just before dusk. Picnics are welcome.
- July 10 – The Horse and Hound Wine Festival – Mile Post 86 to Rt. 43 South – Sample wine from eight wineries while watching an agility dog show, stick horse races, the parade of horses and muskrat racing!
- July 10 & August 14 – Chateau Morrisette Wine & Music Festival – off Mile Post 171 – Wine and music for the benefit of the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation. This is a family-friendly event with blues artists on July 10th and jazz artists on August 14th.
- July 10 & August 14 – Starry Nights at Veritas Vineyards & Winery – Rt. 250 East to Rt. 6 off the Parkway – Bring a picnic to enjoy wine and music under the stars. Want dinner too? Just call ahead for reservations.
- July 17 – Music, Mead & Cider – off Mile Post 174.2 – Black Snake Meadery and Foggy Ridge Cider come together with their award-winning libations.
It’s not too late to enter to win the Blue Ridge Parkway 75th Anniversary Sweepstakes! It’s seven nights for four that includes accommodations, Hybrid rental car and airfare. Sweepstakes closes November 1, 2010.