by Casey | Posted on May 5th, 2010
“Someday, you’ll thank me.” Ever heard those words? Make “someday” this Sunday and give your mom the thanks and love she deserves for Mother’s Day. How? I was so hoping you’d ask …
For the mom who loves history, nowhere beats Virginia.
- See the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library in Staunton for free.
- Walk the halls of Gadsby’s Tavern in Alexandria for free.
For the mom who enjoys a nice vintage wine, Virginia is one of the “5 regions to visit,” according to Travel + Leisure.
- Free wine tasting and fresh flowers at Wintergreen Winery in Nellysford.
- Free hors d’oeuvres and wine glass at Cardinal Point Winery in Afton.
- Free strawberry shortcake and wine tasting at James River Cellars in Glen Allen.
For the mom who wants to be waited on for a change …
- Brunch or dinner with live music at Cooper’s Landing Inn in Clarksville.
- Luncheon at Chateau Morrisette in Floyd. Winery tours and tastings at 12, 2 and 4 p.m.
- Champagne brunch with free wine tastings and tours at Prince Michel Vineyard and Winery in Leon.
- Buffet and Jazz orchestra at Lake Anna Winery in Spotsylvania.
For the mom who enjoys the outdoors …
- Carriage rides at the Edith J. Carrier Arboretum and Botanical Gardens in Harrisonburg.
- Garden concert and free family photo (quantities limited) at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond.
- Free refreshments, tour and Bellisima! concert at the Chrysler Museum of Art in Norfolk.
- Free admission, cookie and wildflower plant at the Virginia Living Museum in Newport News.
- Spirit of Norfolk lunch and dinner cruises from Norfolk.